CODE OF CONDUCT
openness and equality
At WAHTS we use no formal job titles. We believe that in a contemporary organization, especially in the fashion industry, power distance is a disturbing factor for openness and creativity. This principle is an example of our transparent and open company culture based on equality of human people.
Implicit in that belief is the conviction that we build our business with all of our partners, based on trust, teamwork, honesty and mutual respect. We expect all of our business partners to operate on the same principles.
At the core of the WAHTS corporate ethic is the belief that we are a company comprised of many different kinds of people, appreciating individual diversity, and dedicated to equal opportunity for each individual.
WAHTS designs, manufactures and markets high-end men’s underwear products. At every step in that process, we are driven to do not only what is required, but what is expected of a contemporary organization. We expect our business partners to do the same. Specifically, WAHTS seeks partners that share our commitment to the promotion of best practices and continuous improvement in:
- Occupational health and safety, compensation, hours of work and benefits.
- Minimizing our impact on the environment.
- Management practices that recognize the dignity of the individual, the rights of free association and collective bargaining, and the right to a workplace free of harassment, abuse or corporal punishment.
- The principle that decisions on hiring, salary, benefits, advancement, termination or retirement are based solely on the ability of an individual to do the job.
Wherever WAHTS operates around the globe, this Code of Conduct guides us. We bind our business partners to these principles. While these principles establish the spirit of our partnerships, we also bind these partners to specific standards of conduct. These are set forth below:
- Forced Labor (Contractor) certifies that it does not use any forced labor, prison, indentured, bonded or otherwise.
- Child Labor (Contractor) certifies it does not employ any person under the minimum age established by local law, or the age at which compulsory schooling has ended.
- Compensation (Contractor) certifies that it pays at least the minimum total compensation required by local law, including all mandated wages, allowances and benefits.
- Benefits (Contractor) certifies that it complies with all provisions for legally mandated benefits, including but not limited to housing; meals; transportation and other allowances; health care; child care; sick leave; emergency leave; pregnancy and menstrual leave; vacation, religious, bereavement and holiday leave; and contributions for social security, life, health, worker's compensation and other insurance.
- Hours of Work/Overtime (Contractor) certifies that it complies with legally mandated work hours; uses overtime only when employees are fully compensated according to local law; informs the employee at the time of hiring if mandatory overtime is a condition of employment; and, on a regularly scheduled basis, provides one day off in seven, and requires no more than 60 hours of work per week, or complies with local limits if they are lower.
- Health and Safety (Contractor) certifies that it has written health and safety guidelines, including those applying to employee residential facilities, where applicable; and that it has agreed in writing to comply with WAHTS's factory/vendor health and safety standards.
- Environment (Contractor) certifies that it complies with applicable country environmental regulations; and that it has agreed in writing to comply with WAHTS's specific vendor/factory environmental policies and procedures, which are based on the concept of continuous improvement in processes and programs to reduce the impact on the environment.
- Documentation and Inspection (Contractor) agrees to maintain on file such documentation as may be needed to demonstrate compliance with this Code of Conduct, and further agrees to make these documents available for WAHTS or its designated auditor's inspection upon request.